FWF Annual Conference 2015
Fair Wear Foundation would like to welcome its members and stakeholders to this year's annual conference, taking place April 23 - 24.
Registration is closed. Still interested in joined the conference? Please contact us via info [ at ] fairwear.org.
The member-stakeholder dinner will take place on Thursday April 23rd at 18.00 at restaurant De Smederij, in Hotel Brooklyn, located at NDSM Plein 28, Amsterdam. Cost for the dinner is €60 per person, including beverages. FWF will invoice attendees for the dinner after the conference.
Main Programme, Friday 24 April. 10:00-17:30
This year's theme: This is what we do!
All of FWF’s stakeholders - members, business associations, trade unions, NGOs and governments - have a role to play in improving conditions for workers. In this year’s conference we look at how these roles interact, and how collaboration can make all groups’ work more effective.
We have packed this year's main programme full of speakers and workshops to help keep you up-to-date on recent developments and future trends. Confirmed highlights include:
- Minister Lilianne Ploumen (NL Ministry for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation) will share her perspectives on the role governments can play in developing international trade practices that are more effective in protecting human rights.
- Jenny Holdcroft (Policy Director, IndustriALL Global Union) and Mark Held (General Secretary, European Outdoor Group) will share their thoughts on what unions and business associations can do in improving conditions.
- Margreet Vrieling (FWF Verification) will discuss the future of responsible purchasing practices and remediation - important parts of what FWF members do!
- Sophie Koers (FWF Communications) will share the latest thinking on how members and stakeholders can talk about what they do.
- New board chair Anita Normark and director Erica van Doorn discuss what's ahead for FWF.
- FWF's new Living Wage Portal will be introduced - your source for cutting-edge information on how to make progress towards living wages.
- Law firm Arnold & Porter will provide an interactive workshop on living wages and competition law.
- The UN-supported anti-harassment committees are starting to show results - we'll share the latest!
- Participate in a sample of the factory anti-harassment training offered by FWF - experience the Workplace Education Programme firsthand!
- Hands-on sessions featuring updates on preventing workplace violence against women, transparent supply chains, and including workers in remediation processes.
- We wouldn't forget a delicious lunch with time for networking.
- And the winner of the 2015 Best Practice Award will be announced!
09.00 doors open
10.00 start morning programme
12.15 start lunch
13.15 start afternoon programme
16.00 best practice award ceremony
18.00 end conference
Main Programme location
This years main conference, taking place on Friday 24 April, will be held at the IJ-Kantine, MT. Ondinaweg 15-17, 1033 RE Amsterdam. This location is accesable by both public transportation and car.
Best practice award
During the Annual Conference 2015, FWF member brands will again get the opportunity to show us what they are doing (or are planning on doing) to improve labour conditions in a way that’s newer, smarter, more effective or simply easier than what FWF asks you to do. The deadline to hand in your application is March 13.
Are you interested in joining our Annual Conference 2015? Or have you lost your registration information? Please contact Tara Scally via email@example.com.