Fair Wear Foundation (FWF) is looking for a Senior Policy Coordinator to operationalise the FWF Code of Labour Practices among member companies.
This requires coordination with other staff members to ensure FWF’s verification systems effectively generate the results FWF seeks from members. Policy development spearheads new policies and revisions, taking into account developments within the organisation and its membership, and beyond.
- Coordinate the organisation’s policy work and the collection of policies, guidance and indicators that guide FWF member practices
- Draft and revise internal policy documents (e.g. FWF’s member guide, risk policies, transparency and competition law policies)
- Contribute to FWF’s next strategic steps, e.g. redesign of FWF’s complaints and audit systems – or other policy improvements required to respond to changes in the industrial or political environment
- Monitor FWF policies, recommendations and guidance – from guidance documents to the Brand Performance Indicators—with an eye to cohesion and effectiveness
- Coordinate with internal and external experts
- Remain aware of the political, social and economic developments which impact FWF’s policies
- Liaise with FWF members, the ‘member learning’ team, and external relations team regarding stakeholder input to FWF policies, and communicating with all stakeholders about FWF policies
- Seek legal counsel, as needed, to address outstanding policy questions, e.g. competition law implications of FWF audit reports and brand collaboration
- Supervise external consultants when necessary.
If you have at least 10 years of relevant work experience, we’d like to hear from you! Please send your C.V. and motivational letter to email@example.com, for the attention of Alexander Kohnstamm, Executive Director, before 19 August 2018.