Initial report of a complaint at a factory in Vietnam supplying Jack Wolfskin & Schöffel
On 29 June, 2017, FWF received a complaint from an employee who is employed by the factory. The complainant stated the following:
– Workers have to work during lunchtime.
– Workers have to work overtime from 17:00 to 18:00/19:00 without time recording and no adequate payment. The factory has locked the gate during overtime hours so workers cannot refuse overtime and go home. The factory does not pay the legal premium when workers worked overtime after 17:00 or on Sundays.
– Pregnant workers and workers who are breastfeeding are not allowed to leave early (at 3:00 PM).
– The factory pays piece salary to workers. According to the complainant, the unit price for piece-salary is low, so most of workers are paid top-up to 4,200,000VND/month. He/she thinks his/her salary is low because the salary for new workers and seniority workers is not that different.
– When the customers visit/audit the factory, all of the interviewed workers are trained on how to answer the interview.
– The union chairwoman is Vice General Director, so nobody can raise any questions or complaints to the union.
FWF decided that the case is admissible on 1st of July 2017. The factory is an active supplier of Jack Wolfskin and Schöffel, members of FWF. The authenticity of this complaint is still under investigation.Download